6.29.2009

see ya suckers

i am moving.
it is only 10 minutes away, but it might as well be china.
i know that moving is a good thing.
i know that i have expanded and grown as much as i can here in af.
i know that this is an exciting new chapter in my life as a single.
i know that this is best for all parties involved.

but...

i am scared and sad all at the same time.

to uproot your life after 4.5 years is a really hard thing. i have only cried once while packing up all my belts. packing my belts wasn't the sad thing...i am not that lame.

i have realized that as i have lived with my sister i buy things as if i had my own house already. the velour green striped grandma chair i got for free and moved myself in my honda civic, my gigantic ikea dresser, my collection of 100 fingernail polishes, my shocking amount of shoes, my 30+ necklaces that i have lived without for 1 year but still can't part with, my many items of clothing and my random collection of books, ranging from classics my mom passed on my way to smutty novels with unlikely heroines trying to find love. {they are all the same, but i can't help but love them}

so what does moving out mean to me really?...
no more eating out
limited entertainment ie movies, tanning and music
no more shopping...this is quite possibly the saddest thing of all
budgeting
saving money so i can buy my makeup
grocery shopping again

but i will have a pool...so i guess it all works out.

once i am all settled, come visit.

well my sister just got home and i am supposed to be packing and not blogging...whatever.

5 comments:

becca said...

where are you moving????

hadjo said...

Aly! That is exciting, I want to come down and see your new pad!

jayni & ben said...

Ya where you moving??? And do you need help???

Aubrey Anne said...

I love this. This is precisely how it feels to move into your next (whichever one that might be) stage of adulthood. Exciting and sad and sacrificing. I can't remember the last time there was money for entertainment, tanning, shopping, music, or makeup....

Mary said...

Good for you Aly! You found a place fast I too am questioning where you are moving too!