6.14.2009

deal with the devil

i may or may not have, but definitely did just make a deal with the devil aka my sister char.
we set a date and there is no going back.
i will be moved out of her house by august 15 no battle.
i opted for december 31st but apparently that isn't good enough for her.
where i will be going is still undetermined, but i will be on my own for real this time.
it is time to be an adult i guess.
just being shy of 24 is a little disgusting to me, but the thought of 25 next year almost brought me to tears.

sidenote:
the other day when we were driving down to monroe for my grandma's graveside service, i realized that it was the first time that me and all my siblings were in the same car since we were kids in the yellow van. all six of us piled in char's spacious sequoia and we embarked on our 2 hour 25 minute drive to the small hometown of grandma and grandpa. we sang along to kelly clarkson...much to matt an jakes dismay...talked about serious family issues, made fun of me for my boy situation, laughed at jake with his 'bff' girl.friend that he has a crush on, emme's still existing blood clot and kate's lack of understanding most things...just like grandma. it was so fun to know that we are all past the age of fighting on long drives. it was also a little weird to realize that we are all adults of sorts. the youngest, emme, is 19 and the oldest, char, is 30. we are an old family and i also realized that it will be the 6 of us that keep us all together. we are past the point of relying on my parents to get us together. somehow i think that being siblings is the thickest form of family. then again i'm not a mom, so i can't really say i've done it all yet.

i'm thinking of joining a cult, cause at least that way i would have someone telling me what to do with my life. that may be a little drastic, but i said i was only thinking about it.

2 comments:

jayni & ben said...

i love you. lots!

Unknown said...

hey, i'm 25! being like me is the worst thing you can imagine??