6.20.2009

I DID IT!!!!!!



that's right folks i just finished my 8 week running program and today being the last day i ran for 30 minutes straight! i can't believe that i did it! who knew that all the sweat, tears, sweat, early mornings, sweat, shin splints and again sweat...would lead me to running a total of 2.5 miles today! 8 weeks ago when i started i never knew the sense of accomplishment and pride i would be feeling right now! i can't believe that i didn't quit after week 3! somedays were harder than others, and somedays i felt on top of world and like nothing could ever bring me down! you have to understand, i HATED running! there was not one thing that i liked about it. running for more than 2 minutes was impossible! the first time that i ran a full mile a few weeks ago, i started to cry cause i couldn't believe that i had come so far in running!

it may seem silly to some of you, but for me this is a huge accomplishment and it has just helped me to understand that if there is something in my life that i really really want, i can have it! it has shown me that i am a lot stronger than i ever thought! i am so happy right now that i have found a new passion in life!



yes i sweat this much...nasty i know.



my new pearl izumi's!

11 comments:

becca said...

way to go al bal!

Aubrey Anne said...

That is so great, Aly! I'm so excited for you! I HATE running too, and I was about to start running anyway... but then I got pregnant. :) Maybe next year!

Jobi Niu said...

ALY! Good job, I'm seriously SOOO proud of you! I want to do it. You rock my world. You look GREAT! You're a fetching HOTTIE.

Jen said...

Hey! I know I already told you via text how amazing I think you are but I just had to tell you again. YOU ARE AMAZING! Honestly you have no idea what you just did for yourself. Since I started that program and trained myself to run 30 minutes straight (which at wk 3 really does seem impossible and I bawled and begged Tyler to let me quit) I have realized that the self discipline it took to do that carries over into everything else in my life. You will find that now you really mentally have the strength to do virtually ANYTHING. It is so EMPOWERING isn't it? Now all you need to do is move close to me so we can be running buddies :)

PS. I am SOOO sorry I missed your birthday! I hope it was a blast.

Meghan said...

Congrats Aly! That's so great! And don't worry, I sweat like a pig. Haha

Marcia said...

Yay you! (i still hate running, but i have recently been converted to weightlifting. i might love the machines in the weight room more than i love my husband some days)

jayni & ben said...

I am soooo proud of you. But I think you know I am :) Good freakin job. You look so good Aly. I love you and I love that you are happy. You are unstoppable.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh congrats girl! You rock! Love that tan/burn line!

Dan and Heather said...

Running is seriously the best thing, great stress reliever, overcoming the natural man and such an accomplishment! Good for you Aly!

paige said...

i am so impressed! how did you do it? i have been trying to get into running all summer and i just can't quite seem to be able to do it. i need your expert advice.

Jon and Julie Melton said...

ALY...... great job girl. I am so proud of you. I think the world of you. I believe you can do ANYTHING you really want too. Love, Julie