1.18.2009

the it girl

so funny story.  i was sweeping up after a haircut and some how managed to ram the end of the broomstick into my eye.  it watered for like 30 minutes after and was red the rest of the night.  klint just sat there and laughed at my pain.  so here i am 1.5 days later and it is causing such pain on the right side of my head.  of course my sister the nurse tries to scare me into thinking there is not bleeding behind my eye, which may lead to a stroke.  let's just say that i'm not too worried about that...but it is still ridiculous how much it hurts!  i mean really...who pokes themselves in the eye with a broomstick.  i am a major loser.

other big news is that i was called to be a teach in the relief society.  my only excuse was that i don't even go to relief society, but my bishop didn't really buy that.  oh well.  i have to teach every 4th sunday of the month, and so next week if my first go at it.  let's see how long this calling lasts before they realize that i am just not cut out for teaching in any way shape or form.

6 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

I wish I could get a haircut from you! My hair.... RIDICK! That is a hilarious story.. ha ha ha, not the part where the right side of your head/eye is still hurtin, that sucks!
I think that your will do AWESOME at that calling. You have an amazing personality & have a sweet Testimony. Ya know what people say about you getting called to a calling, not only to benefit your ward, but you too. I love ya girl! :]

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Hey girl -- I hope your eye is OK. You're going to make a great teacher! Really!!

So I was at the Shade store on Saturday -- I told your sister to say hi for you for me. But that place really needs help in the customer service department. I know I live in California, but that's like my 5th time in that store -- I go fairly often, right? -- and everytime the girls are so rude to people -- on Saturday two girls behind us were going to buy something and they just got frustrated and left.

I think they were understaffed for how stressed they were -- and it's not your sis. But my mom and I were going to buy more on Saturday, but I was like "I don't dare ask them a question re: sizes, last time they bit my head off!"

Anyway, I don't know why I'm leaving this all on your blog -- but I like you and I know you'll teach awesome!

Unknown said...

I want to be the "it girl." Can I?

I miss you, and your losery ways. So, should I start looking for an apartment for you?

jayni & ben said...

Ya right. That is perfect for you. You will be amazing at it!! You are amazing and I would love to have you as my teacher. You would bring something new and different. Love you. I want to see you soon. Please.

becca said...

whatever aly! you will teach r.s. and you will do a good job! so stop all this nonsense. and go to relief society!!

can we go to cafe rio soon?

Annie and Berkeley said...

Girl!! I think you will be a great relief society teacher!! You are smart, witty, and hilarious!! Everyone will love you. Plus, it is a great calling because it is only once a month. Oh, sorry about the broomstick to the eye incident. That is a weird thing to have happen but I have no doubt that it hurt like crazy!!