1.03.2009

1:22 is a good time

i have been thinking about a lot of different things lately...a lot of decisions to be made this next year and it is sort of scary! i love this time of life though. i do get stressed but there are so many options that it is really exciting and i am grateful for so many open doors.
i have been pondering leaving utah...yes this small fish wants to venture into the great blue sea and explore outside of her bubble! it is so funny how once i start thinking about something i take little cues from the universe as a sign. when i would think about him a certain song would come on my ipod right then at random and it would totatlly remind me of him, or when i am thinking about moving i hear a great song by an amazing songwriter* and it seems to have all the answers for me.
how many days until next year / i'm counting down...leave this memory for me / cause it's mine and mine alone...you can remember me / but i'm forgetting you...i'm so close yet so far / i'm so close, i'm so far**
i just need a new start. i need to turn aly into a grown up for real. i haven't made any concrete decisions as of right now, but i do have have my little heart set on a few different options. but the point is that i have a new anthem for 2009. it is like a coutdown to my greatest adventure to date. i am really excited...i even made some new resolutions that i can actually keep this year! i am proud to announce that i am still dr. pepper free! a year and 2 days and still going strong. if i can conquer that maybe i can conquer swearing...cussing is for sailors, not me!
okay now i can tell about my crummy morning! i got a text from a co worker at 1:30 am letting me know that they wouldn't be in the next morning to open with me...okay fine i can handle half of my shift all by my lonesome. so i get to work grab the deposits figure out what change we need and then run to the bank. there is no parking cause it is in the same parking lot as gold's gym and since it is the new year there were plenty of gym goers at 9:30! so i park so far away and am uber bugged obviously. i am weaving my way in between parked cars, get to an aisle and there is some blonde in a lexus expecting me to stop so she could pass. i stare her down and let her know that it is a bad morning while i mutter curse words under my breath...thus breaking my resolution...yielding to pedestrians is not a new law i do know this! as i get to the bank i notice a parking spot right in front that was not vacant when i drove by twice before! anyway after that i get to work and i have to do a bunch of closing things that weren't done the night before and i am hating life and it was olny 10:00! after a few crummy customers the midshift girl comes in and with her brings a better day for me! before i knew it, it was 5:30 and i got to go home! it ended okay in the end. but really i was so urked with that lexus lady all day. like really...who do you think you are. oh you have a lexus i forgot the rules don't apply to you blondie...i think she was on her phone too...
disclaimer: val i don't hate all people who drive lexus'...just this lady!
*tyler stenson...tylerstenson.com
**cannonball

3 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You should come open up a shade store in San Diego!! And I think you really should have been mad at your employee who canceled on you at 1:30 a.m. -- friend or not, they were totally taking advantage of you as a friend manager!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you added that disclaimer. That could've been the end to you and Val.

Can't wait to see you in California.

Valerie said...

Thanks for the disclaimer Al! I was getting kind of worried that you secretly hated me until I read that part :) But I'm glad to hear that you had a better day in the end!