4.05.2008

rip mark and mirabella

today i suffered a dear loss...4 of my really great and reliable eyeshadows took a dive off my counter today and exploded all over my bathroom floor. i didn't know whether to cry cause i was so sad or cry cause i had to now clean up a gigantic and very powdery mess! anyway i cleaned it up with plenty of wet toilet paper and good old fashioned hard work.
i know this may not seem like much of a loss to anyone else, but what i have realized this week is that i am sort of high maintenance. i know i said it. others had told me for years...even my dear bishop! but i sort of am. my saving grace is that i wasn't always this way. yes i was a tom boy in my youth. which surprises people, but what surprises me is that i was a tom boy until i was 19 or 20! yes i know...we watched home movies my sister made when she first got married. these movies dated back to 1999! these days included ugly flipped out hair, overalls and fleece vest via old navy! it was a great time for fashion and hair. anyway on one occasion of being filmed it was thanksgiving and i was wearing the afore mention fleece vest, baby blue, and jeans that were torn to the knee cause i liked it that way, and adidas. we were playing basketball and my hair was pulled tightly straight back in a pony that was hideous! and the weird thing is i was actually good at the game of speed me and my family were playing. then i remembered the time i was playing church ball and got a technical foul for shoving a girl who was a foot taller than me. what! she fell all on top of me what would you have done?
so that was fun. anyway now i have a serious problem on my hands...i think my hair stopped growing! it has been 3 months since i chopped it and i think it is the same length! see what i mean...these pictures were taken within the last week...
i swear it is the exact same length as in january...stupid slow growing hair!
oh and general conference was great. i watched both sessions today and did not fall asleep once! that is pretty good for me. my mom would be so proud of me.

1 comment:

jayni & ben said...

I enjoy reading your blog. It brings oh so much joy in my life!