4.13.2008

boo 9 o'clock

today as i was eating a piece of two layer rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting...i was reminded of the worst birthday i ever had that actually turned out okay. me and my friends becca and aimee had a crazy experience on my 13th birthday. without going into too much detail let's just say filling out a police report on the morning of your 13th birtday is not a fun thing to do! so after to cheer us up, we decided to make a cake...and since it was my birthday we had an excuse. well our friend jessie's mom rachel makes the best chocolate cake and frosting ever! so used the recipe to make a double layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting...it looked like the cake on matilda, except a bit smaller. it was so good! it really did make the day change radically! it is not until now that i appreciate that time in melissa's kitchen making.slash.eating that ridiculously delicious cake. i am realizing that even though life sucks sometimes...good friends and chocolate can ease over anything! thinking now of those friends...we all have made so many different decisions that have led us to various parts of life and the country. i hold a special place in my heart for each of them, and probably always will. they help me remember a part of my life that seemed simpler, more innocent. for that i appreciate and love them still.

consider this a shout out to the 'rat pack'!

4 comments:

Ashley and Aaron said...

Ah yes, chocolate really can make things so much better! For me, it is a chocolate milkshake from Carls Jr. that lifts my spirits every now and again...yum!

Jentry said...

We can be blogger friends! This is your friend Jentry who loves you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

heaven bless the rat pack. those were some good times weren't they. I wish I still had my book.