3.27.2011

this just in...

due to recent contact with a certain individual, i have decided to deactivate my facebook account for some time. the span of 4 weeks to be exact. i know that a lot of you won't care, but for me this is a big deal! i am afraid that people will forget about me and no longer seek to find out about my current happenings and status updates via facebook! i know that this is silly and totally ridiculous, but it is an instinct to think that the world revolves around me and that everyone cares so much about what i do on a daily basis. alas the harsh reality is this...

people don't think about you nearly as much as you think they do.

thanks seth jenks. now keep in mind that i have never been one to really care what people think about me. most girls will spend hours getting dressed to impress one certain boy, or to prove something to other girls that either a> intimidate them or b> drive them crazy with jealousy...me i dress for me. i have a lot to prove to myself. i am the girl with the fluorescent red hair who wears as many colors as she can when she is not working in all black. i am the girl who will wear half of a stocking on her head, looking like a special ed candidate throughout the remainder of her weekly wal.mart trip. i am the girl who asks what to wear to a soccer game. i am the girl who also gets lost at said soccer game and climbs over chairs to find her way back. i am the girl who can captivate an entire table with any one of my loud and crazy tales. i am the girl who will release a short burst of laughter almost as soon as the benediction is complete in sacrament meeting. that is me. all those things a more make up aly and by golly if you don't like it, you can keep on moving.

but what if they forget me?

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

Guess what? I've been off fb for almost a year now. And people still haven't noticed. lol! All the time people are like, "Well didn't you see on fb?" and I say, "I don't have fb."

"Oh..." and they are thoroughly confused and awkward.

It has seriously simplified my life, and people still check in on me at my blog. :) The people who matter, that is!