8.22.2009

dear mrs. grewal

dearest kc.

i am writing to inform you that this lovely evening here in pleasant grove, i went to the local macey's grocery store to pick up a few items for a bonfire that i would be attending later this evening. upon heading to the deli for a 'kong kone' with my friends i was drawn to a very familiar scent...my nose led me to the baked goods. i perused the selection of bakery divineness and stumbled upon an old friend. macey's bakery chocolate chip cookies. you may remember the frequency at which we would consume these cookies. i believe that we both had at least 4 in one day...pre cleanse. i bought them for old times sake and already tonight have eaten 4 cookies. if you would like i could mail you some...but i do believe that part of their goodness is the fresh factor. they are just a chewy and gooey as ever. i do miss you terribly and wish that you could be here to enjoy them as well. give my love to your folks and your one and only. hope to see you soon.

all my love,
aly

ps i know that divineness isn't a word, but i really wanted to say that.

1 comment:

kc said...

dear ms. asay,

we're starting our letter writing i see! i've never had a blog addressed to me quite this way. it warms my heart, the way a macey's cookie warms my tummy. i loved our pre-cleanse days with those cookies. (oh and the pumpkin ones!) thank you for thinking of me. i will give my best to the whole wise grey owl clan. you do the same on your side. come on out to the bay area, please?