7.25.2011

super long post!

so since i never posted about the 4th of july, i guess it is fitting to do so on the day that pioneer day was observed...the 25th of july.

how did i spend my 4th of july?

i woke up at a super early and magical time to get to work by 10 am. yep i had to work. you would think that you would be busy if you worked at the mall on the 4th of july, but you would be very wrong. i had a total of i think 2 clients that day. awesome. i got my hair colored finally though. after like 3 long months i decided that my nasty grown out hair really didn't look melted and it just looked really nasty and white trash. so what did i do? i melted my hair and went blonde. well blonde for me. not that nasty platinum and black skunk stripe fiasco that i tried to pull off in beauty/high school. it's super cute as you will see in the pictures if they ever upload!
moving on. after work, i sped up to farmington where there was already a family bbq in progress. don't worry char did call to make sure it was okay if they ate without me. love you family. anyway. all ireally cared about was mom's potato salad. as long as i had that i was a happy little girl. i think we had grasshopper pie too...i can't remember. after dinner and a few rounds of bocci ball we headed to the driveway to do some fireworks. due to char and randy actually being in the country for the 4th of july, grace's dreams came true and she got to help uncle jake light the fireworks. last year grace told me i was the worst because i wouldn't let her do it...um her parents were thousands of miles away and i wasn't about to let her blow her hand off! oh well. i was super awkward all night on the account that my sister had her new boyfriend there and jake had his'girl'friend there too. oh and matt had my mom...so i was the loner single sibling that sat next to the 5 and 7 year olds while we oohed and aahed over the fireworks. all in all it was a glorious independence day and i was glad to be american, even though my client told me i was unpatriotic today. thanks kyle.

sadie and millie
jane being mischievous
jake and anna
emme and greg
me and mom
dad and matt...the odd couple
the cool kids playing bocci ball
me and emme
sadie, halle, zoe and jane
char, randy and the twins
getting them all to look was difficult
n8 dawg
millie helping uncle jake
my new hair!
g.force ready to go
a little pyro in the making
me and zoe
me and sadie

3 comments:

kc said...

Everyone is so grown up!! The twins aren't babies at all anymore! And your hair looks sexy rexy. I love it. Miss you!!

Becca said...

you look so pretty in that photo with you and emme!

Aubrey Anne said...

Wow, your nieces are adorable!!