7.23.2011

friday isn't so fun anymore

last night i got to hang out with my dear friend jessie. we met for dinner at olive garden, perused a few dresses for her sisters wedding, grabbed some ingredients at macey's and made no-bake cookies. jessie had a few things to do down in utah county today so she slept over. we talked about boys and giggled like little girls. at 11:11 pm exactly a knock came on the front door. jessie advised me not to answer it as she didn't want to be bugged by anyone. i snuck to the peep hole to see who had the audacity to ruin our night! it was a teenage girl with her head bent down in what i would soon find out to be bent with shame. it was a little creepy. i broke down and opened the door.

um...hi. is that your saturn vue in the middle driveway?

okay so any time a person asks if it is your car the next words out of their mouth are never going to be good! my heart sank to the pit of my stomach and i responded in the affirmative. well this rebecca black look alike went on to tell me that she has backed into my car...that was parked in my driveway. then she apologizes and tells me that she is a 'new driver'.

fantastic!

well thanks to the fact that my car is a saturn and can't really dent the damage was minor. some scratches on the bumper and a delicious 2 inch crack on the top of the bumper with spidery ripples of paint about to chip. i am just baffled as to how she even pulled this off! she was in a parking stall, backed up at least 2 car lengths out of the stall and then into my car. i will draw a picture...
well that ought to explain it all right? just kidding. i suck at drawing. anyway, as my picture clearly indicates...mathematically speaking it is totally impossible for this to have happened unless this girl was totally and 100% baked. right? okay she wasn't baked, just a really bad driver. i was super nice to this 'new driver' and even offered up the story of how one of my friends who will remain nameless drove through my neighbors fence once. it was awesome.

then the part came where she gave me her insurance information and then turned to me and asked if that was all we needed to do. well i didn't know, but it dawned on me...i was the freaking adult in this situation! how and when did that happen? i had to have all the answers, but i didn't. i thought back to my last accident. the one where i slid into a curb on the way to church and i called my sister char who didn't answer, tried her husband and he didn't answer. tears were welling up in my eyes and then the phone rang and char's voice was the crack that broke the dam of tears and i bawled like a baby in front of total strangers. my hair matted to my head from snow and mascara running down my face these strangers who kept calling me 'sis' kindly drove me to american fork where char took care of helping get my car towed and then later figuring out how my life would go on. so fast forward to last night, i took her info, gave her my name and number and then went inside pissed as all get out.

jessie and i ended up watching ever after and giving each other back rubs. so my night wasn't completely ruined. you failed rebecca black look alike. now let's just pray that my car won't take a million years to fix! okay thanks!

No comments: