7.19.2011

ahem...

i have made a decision.

i am going to play the cello. yep i am going to buy a cello and take lessons. this decision was made final last night while watching august rush for the 4th time. every time i watch it i think...i want to play the cello...and every time the thought goes away. not this time. it has stuck with me and i have thought about it all day long! i have even contemplated asking one of my client's if she would want to teach me!

i have always been fascinated by the cello. i love the way it sounds, i love the emotion that it brings out in music, i love the way that people look when they play it. i already really get into the piano when i play it, so i just know i will be funny to watch play the cello. my only fear is that the old saying...you can't teach an old dog new tricks...will prove true for me! i mean i am 26...that's like what 182 in dog years right? but you will never know unless you try right?

this purchase will have to wait until i return home from my cruise november 6th. that is right ladies and gentleman, i am going on another cruise! i could not be more excited. i am heading to the caribbean this time and will depart utah on october 29 and return november 6. it's good to be me when i get to go on cruises!

my roommate jenn is engaged to be wed on september 23. in logan. logan wedding = lame. i really wish it was a destination wedding somewhere, well anywhere but logan. oh well. i am a really good friend and an even better stylist so i will be there to throw around my love and support to all. anyway we are going wedding dress shopping tomorrow. weird. yeah just weird.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Hey Al! So it's been FOREVER since I saw you last! It's really weird that Tyler sees you regularly now and I don't. Anyway, did I ever tell you that I played the cello in elementary and junior high? Back then it was kind of dorky but I've always regretted giving it up. I love the cello and I hope you do get to take lessons, you'd be great at it!

I hope you're doing good, we need to get together soon!

Kristine said...

so, cello's rock. just sayin'---my oldest plays and he is getting pretty good (he's been taking lessons for 7 years) so good luck lady!

Justin, Melanie, & Juliet said...

Aly, I totally think you should go for it. The cello is a very beautiful instrument and you totally can learn it! I have faith in you!