2.27.2011

fake it till you make it

hobbies.

what hobbies do i have?

i used to think that i had a lot and after today i am starting to second guess myself on that. how is it that we are expected to find someone who shares the same hobbies as us, and then spend the rest of our lives with them? i mean my main hobbies consist of things that one does in complete solitude...knitting, reading and writing. now i do have other hobbies like shopping, doing hair, running {when i feel like it}, and make up. and as it was pointed out to me tonight, i don't want to be with a guy who enjoys those things because they more than likely are batting for the other team. if you know what i mean. then i also found out that i will never get married because i don't like sports. whatever. my sister who has been happily married for 12 years did reassure me that i just had to pretend to like sports and occasionally watch a football game here and there. thanks for the reassurance char.

and bird boy made an appearance today in my life. he invited me over to enjoy some pickles that he made last year. i had to decline in the end...but not before i was asked by others if i loved him and if i was doing that whole thing again, i think they were referring to my brief stint in liking him and doing whatever it was that we were doing last summer. good times.

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

Aly, you really must know that identical (even similar) hobbies are not necessary. They help, I'm sure, but marriage - it turns out, much to my surprise - is really about finding things to do by yourself (reading, knitting, etc.) while your husband has his Man Time. lol You're in good shape! ;)