1.01.2013

hola 2013

luckily i have good news to relay.  2013 is already better than 2012!  i got a job! yep i sure did.  after 2.5 months of living the ever so exciting unemployed life, i was offered a position at landis.  a super nice and newish salon in salt lake.  no i have no plans to move to salt lake county, so commuting will be my choice. my mom pointed out that if i just take the frontrunner i will have at least an hour to knit to and from work everyday.  my mom is really the brains of any operation in my life let's face it.  i finished my first ever knitted blanket and i had to call her to make sure that i was in fact done and didn't need to add an extra 4 inches like my pattern called for.  crisis averted with one phone call, thanks mom.
the finished product

jess and morgan utilizing the beastly blanket
okay so christmas was great.  i got 2 blankets, 4 books, 2 pair of eyelashes, mineral veil, a purse, a fur muff and 6 bottles of diet coke with a very classy vase to drink it out of.  most hilarious gift i have ever received i think.  well next to the rubick's cube my roommate got me for christmas.  and yes i know that you all really were dying to know what i got!  grandma jackson came into town which resulted in her baking us delicious sugar cookies and getting flour all over herself.  now the mystery of where i got the ability to get completely dirty while baking/cooking/eating is solved.  it must date back to my Irish o'day side. 
okay seriously isn't peggy patricia the most adorable thing you have ever seen?
      

because pink frosting is an obvious for christmas.
it was really cute cause my grandma told us how she first made these cookies for my mom and her brother and sister when they were kids for valentines day and obviously made pink frosting.  well after that she always made them with pink frosting.  one day she was out of red food coloring so she left the frosting white and no one ate a single one.  i guess the pink frosting really makes the difference.  i really love having my grandma around to hear her tell stories like this.  i made her a promise that if i didn't get a job soon i would come to stay with her in iowa as a way to restart my life.  looking back (a week and a half ago) i think why on earth would going to iowa somehow help my situation?  who did i think i was?  a character in my lifetime drama that will someday be made?  which i have decided that i would want someone like emma watson to play me.  she is a doll and i think she would be a very good aly.  and she is younger than me and that somehow makes me feel a little better.  anyway running to iowa was a nice thought regardless.  i also discovered that my grandma had a sister named ruby.  is that not an adorable little name?  i told her i was going to name my daughter ruby mae someday.  and that i would also have a daughter named lily jo.  ruby mae and lily jo...my mom told me that i belong in the backwoods of arkansas.  whatever that means toni lynn.  

okay so the whole point in blogging is to talk about the closing of 2012 roughly 3 hours ago.  at first when i started complaining about how crappy 2012 was, i really had no idea how crappy it was about to become.  but what i have realized this past week as i have been reflecting is that i have a pretty awesome support system and no crazy lady, no crazy ex boyfriend and no crazy ex-co-workers/ex-boss could take that away from me.  i have people who love me and who would do anything for me!  i think that is the most important thing that a girl my age could ask for.  i think that i have also learned that i can get by with very little in my life.  i am very blessed to have a house to sleep in (and house my shoes), i have a car that works, i have food to eat (well don't look in my fridge) and i have the knowledge of the gospel.  (i bet you didn't think this would get churchy huh?)  i am so blessed to be where i am and i wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world. 

i am 100% positive that 2013 will FINALLY be the year of aly!  

No comments: