9.26.2012

october it is

last night after much introspection and alone time i decided to make october resolutions.  because resolutions at new year's is for losers.  i feel like this year has been one thing after the other and i haven't been able to catch up to my life.  until now.  now that i don't have a boyfriend i have plenty of time to do all that i want.  respond to text messages.  answer phone calls whenever i want.  well i guess that i all that i have thought of right now, but you get the idea.  this also led to another interesting topic. how do girls go from boyfriend to boyfriend?  i don't get how that is done in the least bit.  maybe that is one thing the world will never know.  

after i took myself on another mini dinner date tonight i secluded myself in my room to watch how i met your mother on netflix and play drop 7 on my iphone.  if you haven't played that game it will change your puzzle loving mind and you will be addicted.  you're welcome.  anyway, all of a sudden my phone began to ring and this pic popped up on my screen...

my jessie ellen and me
this little lovely was in utah county visiting her adorable little brother and she wanted to stop by.  i obliged immediately and changed out of this get up...

                    

i recounted my final encounter with mike and she laughed at what she thought was my stupidity, but then it turned into laughter of pride (laughing out of pride is a thing right?) in her amazing friend aly who stuck to her guns.  then our conversation turned to people stupider than i am  only to end our visit with listening to moon river (r.i.p andy williams) and watching alex boye videos and finding out he is from london, england and not africa like i had hoped/thought.  

the point is this.  i love little surprises like this.  and had i still been with mike i would have missed out on lots of laughs and love with one of my favorite people in the entire universe.  yeah because i would have probably been at mike's crappy one bedroom apartment watching battleship for the 700th time and eating wings from trolley wing company.  actually those wings are delicious, so that wouldn't have been that bad.  anyway, life with mike was stifling my real life and the important people in it and that is not what love should be like, right?  

No comments: