9.25.2012

life goes on.

my mom told me the other day to stop stressing so much.  ha.  toni is so funny sometimes.  i asked her how i could not stress when this year has brought not one, but two failed relationships and a court case brought on by a women who kidnapped my dad and married him.  my life has quickly become a punch.line to multiple jokes that you never want to hear.  

to fill you in.  mike turned out to be manipulative, immature and verbally abusive.  so needless to say i walked away and started the longest break up in history lasting a total of 6 weeks.  it finally came to an end when he returned my spare car key, watched a movie and denying his every attempt of a kiss.  ya'll should be very proud of that fact that i stuck to my guns and finally 'kicked' him out of my house to sit on the couch alone in the darkness numb for about 20 minutes.  only to be a little bummed the next day when he didn't text me.  this love crap is a sick and twisted cycle.  i don't get it.  

anyway i'm not as bummed as this post is about to make me sound...so here are some pics to keep your attention.  thanks lovelies.

me and sadie lady at some family function this summer
zoo time for my b.day
 i was a really good shoulder ride giver
more proof of my shoulder ride skills
 we were a little too excited for the train ride at the zoo
 another random family function
 me and my lovely cousin tilly at jony's bridal shower
 me and jony at her shower...she is a gem
 da boys
 they 'helped' me clean my bathroom 
 at the centerville fireworks withe rae rae
 me and millie on the 4th of july
 don't worry she was ok...this was hilarious
 made my dad a plate of fruit
 caught the bouquet at jony's wedding
 sadie was FREAKED out for this ride...immediately after she informed me that she didn't cry
 pioneer village tour with the fam on our annual asay lagoon day
 jake was informing me on how to make coffee
 this was right after jake pushed emme out of the picture...sibling rivalry at it's best
 love these little loves
 babysitter of the year
 another zoo pic
 just discovered the most delicious cupcakes...oh and i love erika
 lots of quality time with this love
 mike tried to win me back
 emme got really comfy on our 3 hour drive
 flaming gorge or bust
 all ready for an adventure
 nature walk time
 still don't know what these are or why they are in the middle of nowhere
 homeward bound
 again babysitter of the year
 love these kids
 this guy was so hot to me.  any man who can rock this at church is a win in my book
 gas station run with my favorite 11 year old
 jack was soooo over picture time
 story time in mom and dad's bed
 so many things were funny about this.  jane is her own person and i love it
 max was thrilled to be in his bumbo
 we are the hottest nerds you will ever meet
date night by myself.  not as depressing as you would think. 

so as you can see my summer was amazing.  seriously it was fantastic.  even though mike and i broke up, we still had loads of fun together and fell in love for 2.5 seconds.  i also learned that there is still a lot of things that i need to work out in my own life before i try to take on someone else's life too.  i mean how am i supposed to care for someone else emotionally when i can't even begin to take care of myself emotionally at times?  again i'm not as bummed as this is making me sound.  i blame it on the willie nelson i am listening to right now.  the point is this.  i am a perfectly normal and sane human being who has feelings too.  feelings that i'm not as afraid to share as i used to be.  and i think that's a really good thing.  so sorry this is a long post and i am going to try to get back on track and not forget about my blog.  first order is clean my room, start running again, throw out some old clothes and shoes and pick up my heart.  i think it's buried under the mess on my floor.  ha ha, i kid, i kid.  i'm happy.  damn willie nelson and his contemplative mood control!  good night gems. 

2 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

You are a perfectly normal, sane human being... who is quite the freakin' catch.
Someday, some not-a-douche-canoe will figure that out. Until then, remember that I love you. Still. Though it's been, I dunno, nine years since I last saw you.

Mary said...

Oh aly you beautiful girl. I'm sorry about the break-up you are handling it really well (joking about it on your blog and all). I just think that you have to date a lot of losers who waste your time in order to appreciate the good one when he finally comes along! Sucks to hear, but Aly you only deserve the BEST!! Love you girl