10.20.2011

why oh why

today while talking to my sister char on the phone she told me she was still getting ready for the day when i had given her an hour already to do so. her reply was...i have 4 kids aly! i told her that she was like the boy who cried wolf, but only she was the mom that cried too many...too soon. in about 5 months she will add two more to her brood and then what will she say then? i can't aly i have 6 kids? lame excuse if you ask me! people have been having 6 kids for thousands of years and they didn't even have iphones...i think you can handle it char.

in other news, my sister katie decided to cut my two year old niece millie's hair today. oh didn't i tell you all, my sister went to nursing school, not cosmetology school. so when she explained to me that one side was an inch shorter than the other and the back was longer than the sides, i asked her what she was thinking. she replied...i thought how hard could it be, i've watched aly do this before. well kate...it's 2000 hours worth of beauty school hard!!! i love when people down play my profession by saying how hard could it be. i had to endure the hell that is called beauty school in order to get my name written incorrectly (funny story there) on an official license for the state of utah to practice cosmetology! so i fixed the hooligans hair and reminded her that no one cuts her hair...especially her mommy.

oh yeah and in 8 days i will be headed on a cruise...i'm just saying.

3 comments:

Meags said...

hey! go easy on those who have kids! :) i am probably worse about getting ready than char is and i only have TWO. i can't imagine four ... let along SIX. she's crazy!

jealous of your cruise! have fun and catch some rays for me!

Danielle said...

Aly, I have just discovered your blog and am well pleased. You are hilarious. Is Char pregnant with twins?!?

Aubrey Anne said...

Um... ok, first of all, SIX KIDS?! holy moly I would kill myself. Second of all, I tried to cut my kids' hair once cause we couldn't afford haircuts... it was a DISASTER!! Never again!

Oh yeah, and when people brag about going to a cruise I want to sick my kid on them. Just sayin'. :)