5.14.2009

happy birthday to kate

it is my sister katie's birthday today and even though i am positive that she never reads my blog, i am going to tell her 28 reasons why i love her...

1  she is a very hard worker and made it through nursing school while working full time.
2  she is a very great mom and an excellent example to me.
3  she is so willing to help me with whatever it may be.  last week she offered to help me go back to school.
4  she gets so excited for me to come and hang out with her in farmington no matter how short or long the visit will be.
5  she has been a dedicated runner and loves it still to this day.
6  she has the best pregnant laugh that i have ever heard...this time i think it has stuck even after millie was born
7  she forgives me for all the times that i let her down.
8  that one time that she stuck her feet in my face so i wouldn't fall asleep first.
9  she is so smart...even though she thought that california was next to florida.
10  for when she used to flip off cars that drove by and honked while she was running.
11  all those times i would ride my brothers bike next to her while she ran.
12  her ability to stand up to people when she is pregnant...i am telling you, pregnant kate is hilarious!
13  that time she shoved my birthday cake in my face, only to have me shove some in her face while on the phone.
14  her list of music she wants her husband to download for her ipod while running...among her many requests...britney spears.
15  her ability to fall asleep anywhere and almost always before 10 pm.
16  the time when we hated each other...i mean hated each other.
17  on my first plane ride, i thought i was gonna be freaked out, but it was actually kate that freaked out even though she has flown before.  she dug into my arm so hard that i forgot that i was scared.
18  all the weekends that kate and nate would let me crash at their first apartment in salt lake.
19  her infinite love of training tables cheese fries.
20  the fact that she has worn the same make up for the past 14 years...except bare minerals has now been introduced to the mix.
21  me hand making all her wedding announcements, while working full time and going to school.  i wouldn't have done that if i didn't love her.
22  forgetting that i used to not like her husband.   at all.  i love him now, he was made for her.
23  she cut her hair all off and rocked it.
24  her infinite well of advice and empathy.
25  inspiring me to be a better person.
26  re.creating grasshopper pie ice cream from mitchell's in her kitchen.
27  when she held my hand while i had the flu one thanksgiving...for some reason that is all i wanted at the time. 
28  always being there for me, even if it is the middle of the night and i just got to her house, i can always crawl in bed next to her and get some sort of acknowledgment from her.

i love you kate and always will.  i don't think you would be able to get rid of me even if you tried.  when we are old and have alzheimer's we can live in the same assisted living place and ask each other who they are all day.  i hope you have a great 28th birthday.  gosh you are old! 

2 comments:

jayni & ben said...

you are cute and made me cry. you do love your sis. happy birthday kate. I don't know if i have ever met her?! She sounds wonderful though :D

Anonymous said...

..................................................................