4.18.2009

you can't go back now

so i gave up on doing a daily log of my trip.  for some reason that fact that i had it all planned out made me not want to do it anymore!  if only i didn't have to be so freaking structured!  anyway i will now give a brief summary of the rest of my trip in the form of a list...why?  cause i love lists.

thursday:
walnut creek for kc's dr. appointment
shopping some more
experiencing my first {and not last} piadine from tomatina's...yummo!
picking up in and out for the entire family

friday:
delicious breakfast at copenhagen in burlingame
shopping in burlingame at the cutest store therapy
finally site seeing in the city
golden gate bridge
lombard street
the sea lions at the pier
the ever busy pier 39
ghiradelli square...2 samples
house of nan king...best chinese food in china town...thanks again ck
mitchell's ice cream...best i have ever had in my life

saturday:
lounged around and read while kc went to cousins track meet
pedicures
dinner with ashton's parents
my first red mango experience {funny i had to go to CA to experience the mango}

sunday:
sacrament meeting {i am a horrible influence for the grewals}
kc and i ventured to half moon bay and watched the sunset {in the top 3 favorite things of my trip}

monday:
hard rock cafe for an early lunch
people watching at the pier
alcatraz {so cool}
i pretended to be mala and got a free meal at broadway grill...the funnest night ever!  thanks you guys!

tuesday:
walked the dish with kim and her baby
lunch in pluto's in palo alto
fraiche in palo alto {red mango, but not as creative toppings}
reluctantly packed up all my stuff.  surprisingly it all fit.
went to airport, had a tearful {not} goodbye scene with kc and flew home
used the airplane bathroom for my first time ever.

it was a really fun trip and i can't thank the wise family enough for their hospitality!  menlo park is a beautiful place and i want to go to there again someday.  everything was green and lush that i felt so relaxed somehow.  

i will post pics later cause i am tired.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Thumbs up!

becca said...

aly! how do you know ashton grewal and kc? they were in my ward at byu my senior year!