12.31.2011

2011 in review

okay so i know i have been a really crappy blogger as of late. but guess what? 2012 is my year. it has already been decided so i think that part of my year will include blogging on a regular basis. there i said it. it's out in the universe and so it shall be done! let's review what has happened this year shall we?

i watched both my roommates meet, fall in love and marry their one and only's. i moved in with a texan and it was the best move of 2011. i got proposed to in haiti by a vendor. i went on my annual flaming gorge trip. i bought a lot of clothes...a lot. i expanded my shoe collection by approximately 15 pairs of shoes. i stayed up past midnight almost every night. i stayed awake for a whole 24 hours. i had a 5 hour and 45 minute phone conversation. i got extensions. got second place in a singing competition. hiked dunn's river falls in jamaica. went cliff jumping in a jungle river in jamaica. learned how to boogie board on the back of a cruise ship's flow rider. joined the world of online dating...gasp! i went to logan for a wedding. saw my grandpa for the first time in 22 years. knit 2 pair of gloves. i got proposed to by 2 rastafarian's in jamaica, one named barrington and the other bob. went para sailing in mexico. ate curried goat, really greasy like duck. caught a horny toad lizard. went skinny dipping...gasp! went on a dam tour. did hair for 3 weddings. made 7 tissue paper puff balls. went to a rodeo. sold my car. bought a car. threw out my back again...over my birthday weekend. watched one of my childhood friends get married. went to about a million movies. survived humongous waves on the ocean. finally got over a certain someone. fell in love with ryan gosling. found 3 gray hairs! discovered pintrest and therefore wanted to die quickly after. finally finished reading the glass castle after about a year of reading it.

i know there is a lot more exciting things that i could have reported about, but i'm really tired and can't think clearly with the crazy wind outside my window right now. i can concentrate on this however, 2011 was a great year. i can't complain. it was full of a lot of hard things, but somehow i survived and found out a little more who aly is. because no matter how hard or crappy things can seem....someone out there has it harder or crappier than i do. i have a car. i have a house to live in. i have a job. i have my health. i have a family who loves me. i have amazing friends who keep me sane. and i have a loving heavenly father. what more could a 26 year old gal wish for? onward and upward 2012! happy new year folks.

1 comment:

kc said...

I love everything about this.