12.01.2009

i am alive

i am only able to blog this early morning due to the fact that i am currently in my sister's guest room spending the night after an hour of decorating her new 12 foot christmas tree. fun huh?

i am really sad that i have had no really big events happen in my life to report. thanksgiving was fine. i ate some really good turkey and a delicious pie that i made and played mario party with my 2 brothers for about 4 hours. a newly decided tradition among the single asay kids. to each their own...right. then i was up at 3:45 the next morning...black friday. not to shop as most would think, but to get ready and drive back to work in american fork at 5:30! we opened our doors at 6:OO am and it was a very very very long day needless to say. and then i came home, fell asleep, missed a friends reception and bought a carton of ice cream for the first time in a long time. it was a crazy day.

i really have not done anything exciting as of late. a week or so ago i met up with my friend rachael and we went to hear a band that her friend was in. first of all it was in some garage type thing that we had to crawl under the half opened door to get in. second i was freezing cause i was getting sick and kept my coat on the entire time with my {gloved} hands jammed into my pockets. and finally, i felt like i was in high school! the crowd was so lame. i felt as if i had never left utah county. somehow all the provo hipsters had followed me! i am so over life right now. anyway, after running into a few people that we knew i was ready to leave. then we proceeded to rachael's boyfriends house and watched a movie with his mom, sister and brother in law! i mean for real, i thought we graduated from high school. please tell me that you agree that this is a little abnormal...just a little.

oh and my old friend aubrey just had her 3rd litle boy. 3 kids! wow, that is just too crazy to comprehend! but congrats to her and her adorably precious family!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

OK...maybe you don't even know that I check your blog once in awhile, but I do...so don't go private on me, because seriously...you are one talented writer. You amuse me so much and I think you should become a professional writer...or at least start a blog about something and put lots of ads on it and make lots and lots and obscene amounts of money. Really...you are talented, and funny and whitty. I'd like to think it has something to do with me...and you spending part of your early years with me, but truthfully...I can't take credit for this kind of talent.

Anyway...since this is such a random comment...I'd like to add that it is sort of abnormal to watch a movie with the collection of people you named...but at least it was blog worthy.

I hope you are well. Thanks for making me laugh today.

(just in case you have no idea who this is...it's me...Kristine (Alkema) Lines

Aubrey Anne said...

Ah!! Aly blogged about me! I'm so excited! :)

It IS crazy, huh!! Everyone keeps saying it makes them feel old, but it shouldn't, since I started my little family of boys when the rest of you all were still juniors in high school! lol My oldest turns 7 next month. It's insane!!

Thanks for the congratulations hun. Life is boring for you right now... I know it's easier said than done, but try to enjoy the time doing nothing... I haven't had time to do nothing since junior year when I had my first baby! Some day these will be your good ol' days! In the meantime... I'll be jealous of your monotony. ;)

Ashley and Aaron said...

Aly! What's up with the boots on your feet? I miss you. That is all.